In May 2014, Alder completed its U.S. IPO, raising $80.1 million in net proceeds. In January 2015, Alder completed a follow-on offering resulting in gross proceeds of approximately $203.6 million, before underwriting discounts and commissions and offering expenses.
Prior to its IPO, Alder raised USD$111 million in funding through private venture groups as well as an additional USD$134 million in payments through partnerships.
- Alder closed on Series A financing in July 2005. Sevin Rosen Funds led the USD$11 million round, and was joined by Ventures West Management, Inc. of Vancouver, British Columbia, and WRF Capital of Seattle.
- Alder closed its Series B financing in July 2006. H.I.G. Ventures led the USD$16 million round, and was joined by existing investors Sevin Rosen Funds, Ventures West, and WRF Capital.
- Alder’s Series C financing closed in December 2007, with a USD$40 million round led by Delphi Ventures and TPG Biotech.
- In November 2009, Alder entered into a license and collaboration agreement with former partner, Bristol-Myers Squibb, for clazakizumab. As part of this agreement, Alder received an upfront payment of USD$85 million.
- In April 2012, Alder closed its Series D financing with a USD$38 million round led by Novo Ventures.
Just ten years before completing its U.S. IPO, Alder received funding from the United States Army to explore the development of new production technologies for humanized antibodies. That early initial success was followed, in the fall of 2004, by seed funding from WRF Capital, the venture investment arm of Washington Research Foundation in Seattle, Washington, and other private investors.[/td_text_with_title]
Clazakizumab, an Anti-IL-6 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Meets Primary Endpoint in Follow-On Phase 2b Clinical Trial. BOTHELL, Wash., May 5, 2015 – Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Alder”) (NASDAQ: ALDR), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing monoclonal antibody therapeutics for thetreatment of migraine, Cushing’s disease and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, today announced that clazakizumab, […]