SurveyMonkey provides free, customizable surveys, as well as a suite of paid back-end programs that include data analysis, sample selection, bias elimination, and data representation tools. SurveyMonkey has 25 million users completing 90 million surveys a month as of 2015.
As of 2015, SurveyMonkey has 25 million users completing 90 million surveys a month.[/td_text_with_title]
Posts not found
SurveyMonkey is an online survey development cloud-based software as a service company, founded in 1999 by Ryan Finley. SurveyMonkey provides free, customizable surveys, as well as a suite of paid back-end programs that include data analysis, sample selection, bias elimination, and data representation tools. In addition to providing free and paid plans for individual users, SurveyMonkey offers more large-scale enterprise options for companies interested in data analysis, brand management, and consumer-focused marketing. Since releasing its enterprise in 2013, business-focused services, SurveyMonkey has grown dramatically, opening a new headquarters in San Mateo.
As of 2015, SurveyMonkey has 25 million users, and receives 90 million survey responses a month. The company was named to the Forbes Unicorn List of startup companies in 2015. In 2016, SurveyMonkey was ranked #6 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list.
The company was majority-owned by Ryan and Chris Finley until 2009, when it was sold to a private equity consortium.
Dave Goldberg joined SurveyMonkey in 2009. He is credited with growing it from a 12-person Silicon Valley startup to a 550-person enterprise. He was its CEO until he died suddenly on May 1, 2015 while on vacation abroad with his wife, Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg.
Starting August 3, 2015 Bill Veghte replaced Goldberg as SurveyMonkey CEO. Veghte held top posts at HP and Microsoft, and attended Harvard with Goldberg. He credits Goldberg as a mentor. Veghte held the role for less than six months, due to strategic differences with investors, primarily on where to allocate talent and resources.
Veghte was replaced by Zander Lurie in January 2016.
In 2012, the company launched a self-serve analytics platform called Audience, allowing customers to send their survey to a select group of respondents.
In 2013, the company raised $800 million in debt and equity valuing the company at $1.35 billion.
As of 2013, SurveyMonkey had 15 million users.
In September 2013, the company announced HIPAA-compliant features for premium subscription holders. In November 2013, the company announced a new enterprise product with additional management capabilities.
In April 2015, the company announced a new data platform called Benchmarks. This allows users to compare their survey results against competitors.
In February 2013, SurveyMonkey announced their partnership with API management platform Mashery. This allows for the integration of third party apps and widgets into SurveyMonkey’s core tool. Currently, the company has partnerships with Eventbrite, MailChimp, Zendesk, Pick1Zignal labs and others.
The company has acquired three other survey tools, Precision Polling, Wufoo, and Zoomerang, as well as a 49.9 percent stake in the UK-based Clicktools. In August 2014, SurveyMonkey acquired Canadian company Fluidware, the creator of FluidSurveys.com and FluidReview.com.
SurveyMonkey's Board of Directors includes Finley, former Facebook CFO David Ebersman, former Verisign CFO Dana L. Evan, Lee Fixel, Senior Vice President of Media at GoPro Zander Lurie, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, tennis star Serena Williams, and Benjamin C. Spero. Lurie was named Chairman of the Board in July 2015.
- "SurveyMonkey: Free online survey software & questionnaire tool". Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Scott, Martin (27 August 2012). "Customer research easier in digital era". USA Today. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Contact SurveyMonkey". SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "SurveyMonkey Office Locations". Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Lurie Departs GoPro to Take CEO Job at SurveyMonkey". Recode. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- Quentin, Hardy. "SurveyMonkey Releases Business Version of Popular Questionnaire Software". The New York Times. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Surveymonkey.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "How to Use Online Tools for Customer Surveys". Inc. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "SurveyMonkey "How it works"". SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "SurveyMonkey "Enterprise"". SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "SurveyMonkey "Home"". SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Konrad, Alex. "Spurning IPO, SurveyMonkey Now Allows You To Compare Data With Rivals". Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "SurveyMonkey Cuts 100 Jobs To Refocus Its Service for Businesses". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Forbes Cloud 100". Forbes. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- King, Hope (May 2, 2015). "Dave Goldberg, husband of Facebook exec Sheryl Sandberg, dies suddenly". CNN Money. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Zhang, Maggie (July 7, 2015). "HP's Bill Veghte Joins SurveyMonkey As New CEO". Forbes Tech. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Veghte out and Lurie in as SurveyMonkey CEO". ResearchLive. 15 January 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Lynley, Matthew (November 3, 2010). "SurveyMonkey bucks the trend, picks up $100M in debt financing". Venturebeat.com.
- Lashinsky, Adam (2013-01-17). "Why SurveyMonkey is holding off on an IPO - Fortune Tech". Tech.fortune.cnn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkey Protects Patient Privacy with new HIPAA Features". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Konrad, Alex (2013-11-18). "SurveyMonkey Jumps Into Enterprise Market With New Product For Businesses". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkey is worth $2 billion after new $250 million fundraising round". 15 December 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- SurveyMonkey. "SurveyMonkey Launches "Audience" Service for Consumer Insights". Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Pick1.com". Pick1. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "SurveyMonkey Zignal Labs Partnership". www.prweek.com. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- "Enquêtepartners - Integraties, services en providers" (in Dutch). SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkey CEO finds answers for the enterprise". diginomica. 2014-11-14. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- SurveyMonkey Acquires Interest in Clicktools, About Us, SurveyMonkey corporate website, 11 January 2011 Retrieved 27 October 2016
- MacMillan, Douglas (2014-08-05). "SurveyMonkey Acquires Smaller Canadian Rival". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "SurveyMonkey - About Us". surveymonkey.com. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Quentin Hardy (July 6, 2015). "Sheryl Sandberg Joins SurveyMonkey's Board". NY Times.
- "SurveyMonkeyFreemium.org". Freemium. 2012-07-12. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2014-03-03.