Det er nok ikke undsluppet nogens opmærksomhed at olieprisen i en periode har været i frit fald. I skrivende stund fås en tønde olie til 46 dollar (13. marts 2015) et fald på 50% indenfor et par måneder. Der er en række faktorer der har medvirket til faldet, men vi vil pege på tre der har bidraget mest […]
As of December 31, 2016, the company had 615 million barrels of oil equivalent (3.76×109 GJ) of estimated proved reserves, of which 64% was petroleum, 16% was natural gas liquids, and 19% was natural gas. Of these reserves, 74% were located in the Bakken Formation and Three Forks Shale of Montana and North Dakota and 26% were located in the Niobrara Formation of Colorado.
The company was founded in 1980 by Kenneth R. Whiting and Bert Ladd.
In 2005, the company acquired assets in the North Ward Estes field for $459 million. The property was sold in 2016 for $300 million.
In August 2013, the company acquired assets in the Williston Basin for $260 million.
In 2014, the company acquired Kodiak Oil & Gas, creating the largest producer in the Bakken formation and Three Forks Shale of Montana and North Dakota. Kodiak had proven reserves of 167 million barrels of oil equivalent (1.02×109 GJ) and Whiting effectively paid $23.77 per barrel in the ground.
- Whiting Petroleum 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report
- "Obituaries: Kenneth R. Whiting". The Aspen Times. June 3, 2014.
- Debbas, Paul E. (May 5, 2014). "Coverage Initiation: Whiting Petroleum". Value Line.
- "Whiting Petroleum prices IPO". American City Business Journals. November 20, 2003.
- "Whiting completes North Ward Estes acquisition". Oil & Gas Journal. October 10, 2005.
- "BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. Completes Acquisition of Oklahoma Panhandle Assets from Whiting Oil and Gas Corporation" (Press release). Business Wire. July 15, 2013.
- "Whiting Petroleum Corporation Announces Agreement to Acquire Properties in the Williston Basin for $260 Million" (Press release). Business Wire. August 27, 2013.
- "Whiting Petroleum Completes Acquisition of Kodiak Oil & Gas" (Press release). Business Wire. December 8, 2014.
- "Whiting writes off $2.57 billion in assets, including Kodiak". The Dickinson Press. October 28, 2015.
- "Whiting Petroleum Corporation Closes Sale of North Dakota Midstream Assets for $375 Million" (Press release). Business Wire. January 3, 2017.
- Brelsford, Robert (January 3, 2017). "Whiting closes sale of North Dakota midstream assets". Oil & Gas Journal.
- "Whiting Petroleum Corporation Announces $500 Million Sale of Fort Berthold Area Assets in North Dakota" (Press release). Business Wire. August 15, 2017.